We are hiring!
The St. Thomas More Society of Los Angeles (STMSLA) is hiring a part-time administrative coordinator to work directly with the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for coordinating the activities of the organization, including the annual Red Mass and other events sponsored by STMSLA. We are looking for a candidate with strong organizational, collaboration, and communication skills, the ability to work independently, and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, MailChimp, and website development.
The part-time remote position, 20 hours per month with some seasonal variance, requires availability to work office hours one business day per week and in person work on the day of the event.
PLEASE SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: STTHOMASMORESOCIETYLA@GMAIL.COM
● Participate in meetings of the STMSLA Board of Directors (Board) and committees.
● Provide administrative support for the activities and initiatives of the various standing committees of the Board.
● Coordinate Red Mass invitations and RSVPs for judges, public officials, and local international consular officials.
● Work with Board and AC members to promote and publicize participation in the Red Mass.
● Coordinate with the Board of Directors to recruit volunteers.
● Attend Red Mass in person to coordinate the event, reception, and supervise volunteers.
● Coordinate filming and photography professionals for the Red Mass.
● Work with Board and AC members to raise funds to pay for STMSLA events.
● Produce correspondence using mail merge functions.
● Work with IT consultant to regularly update STMSLA’s website.
● Update and maintain STMSLA’s MailChimp database; create email campaigns.
● Monitor and manage STMSLA’s U.S. postal and email mailboxes.
● Manage and process donations.
● Send thank you letters to donors.
● Excellent English communication skills
● Organizational proficiency
● Available to work office hours one business day per week
● Prior experience coordinating volunteers and fundraising activities for nonprofit organizations
● Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team
● Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, MailChimp, and website development
● Prior background in law preferred
● Roman Catholic preferred.
● High school diploma required; College or technical degree preferred